THIS IS FOR DISABILITY CLAIMS ONLY…
If you are hurt on or off the job, all the companies we represent want you to file a claim ONCE YOU HAVE GONE PAST YOUR ELIMINATION PERIOD and you are still unable to return to work. DO NOT FILE A CLAIM BEFORE YOU HAVE BEEN OFF 14 days from work. ALL YOUR PAPERWORK should be signed and dated on the 15th day or after when your claim occurred.
If you need to file a Unum disability claim call 800-635-5597, and please click on:
UNUM basic information How to File a Claim – click unum-how-to-file-claim
UNUM claim form to print and complete – click unum-di-claim-form-fms_101683-pdf
Although we try to keep the claim forms current, it is your responsibility to contact the insurance company to verify that the form you are completing is accurate and up to date.
If you need to file a disability claim with any of the companies listed below, please call their offices directly – they will take your information over the phone AND THEY will mail the forms to you.
Professional/GE Insurance/ Sun Life 800-289-1122
Ameritas – go to their website www.ameritas.com or call 866-696-7478
Central United Life 800.669.9030
NO MATTER WHICH COMPANY YOU NEED TO FILE A CLAIM WITH –
- You are filing a Disability Voluntary insurance claim.
- If you have your policy number, PLEASE GIVE THIS TO THEM.
- If you do not have your policy number:
- Give them your social security number
- Identify yourself as a Postal or Federal employee.
- You have an individual policy even though you are part of a group.
In the event you have any problems, AFTER SPEAKING TO THE COMPANY, you may call Debra Power, 972-263-0043.
Remember when filing a claim:
- ALWAYS WRITE DOWN WHO YOU TALK TO,
- WHAT DAY YOU SPOKE TO THEM INCLUDING THE TIME
- WHAT THEY TOLD YOU.
This is critical EVERY INSURANCE COMPANY RECORDS THEIR CONVERSATIONS, this information is important if there is ever a “he said/she said vs they said” situation.
IT IS REALLY IMPORTANT!!!!!